This Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan doesn’t require you to stand in the kitchen frying the chicken and only has a few steps to get dinner on the table fast.
Our entire family loves Chicken Parmesan, but I haven’t made it in a long time.
This is one of those recipes that is very flexible. You will mix up some eggs and milk in place it in shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, you will place the panko and in yet another shallow bowl, you’ll place the flour, which I like to season with a bit of salt and pepper.
Each chicken breast is coated in flour, then egg, and then panko (shaking off excess in between each step). The chicken breasts are placed on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and each chicken breast is then sprayed with cooking spray. The chicken is baked at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
After baking, the chicken is removed from the oven. Spoon the marinara sauce evenly over each chicken breast. Then, sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on each one. Lastly, the Parmesan cheese is sprinkle on top. The chicken breasts are returned to the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Internal temperature of the chicken breasts should be 155 degrees F.
We serve the finished chicken breasts on a plate, usually with a salad or vegetable. If you prefer, you can also serve it on top of pasta with some extra marinara sauce.
Another item that counted towards my $40 dairy purchase was Pilsbury Crusty French Loaf Bread. I bought two of them and baked them according to directions. When they were finished baking, I rubbed the tops with a bit of butter….so yummy. It was a super easy addition to our dinner.
- Cooking spray
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1½ cups panko bread crumbs
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
- 1 jar marinara sauce (or about 3½ cups homemade)
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, place the flour and season it with salt and pepper. In a 3rd shallow bowl, place the panko bread crumbs. Working with one chicken breast at a time, coat each chicken breast with flour, then the egg/milk mixture, and lastly the panko (shake off excess in between each of these steps). Place each chicken breast on the prepared baking sheet and bake for approximately 15 minutes and panko begins to brown.
- Remove chicken from oven. Divide marinara sauce evenly on top of each chicken breast. Sprinkle each chicken breast with mozzarella cheese, dividing it evenly among each chicken breast. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese last on top. Return the chicken to the oven and bake until cheese is hot and melted and internal temperature is 155 degrees F (approximately 10 minutes).
For more easy home meal recipes and ideas, visit:
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This #JuneDairyMovies shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Safeway #CBias #SocialFabric