Do you make your own salad dressing?
I’m totally new to it, mostly because I’ve always had this idea that making your own salad dressing was a pain. I see great dressing recipes on lots of blogs, but I never make them.
I was sent an OXO Salad Dressing Shaker to try out and now I am loving making my own salad dressing! It’s frugal and I’m having fun playing with ingredients to get a healthy dressing that my whole family loves. It’s really not that hard to make either.
I’ve been a fan of OXO products for a while…everything I own by OXO has worked great and I’ve been very pleased with the quality, so I expected that I would probably like this salad shaker too and I did.
Here’s my 5 favorite parts about it:
- I like that I can make & mix dressings right inside of the shaker, then use and store it in the refrigerator.
- Even if I don’t make my dressing in the shaker, it’s wide opening (after unscrewing the top) is big enough for spooning or pouring in dressings made in a bowl or food processor.
- I like the little lever on the top because it can be used with one finger, while holding the shaker. Flip it open, flip it closed…easy.
- I like the rubber grip — again, makes one-handed pouring easy.
- It’s break-resistant, but I hope to not test that out. In using it, I can tell how durable it feels.
I made a Green Goddess Avocado Dressing for my green OXO Salad Dressing Shaker — doesn’t it look great in it? Of course, you can use it for any dressing you like best.
Would you like to win your own OXO Salad Dressing Shaker? I have one to give away to one of my readers. Enter on the Rafflecoptor below to have your chance!
Disclosure: I was a sent an OXO Salad Dressing Shaker to try out and one to giveaway. All opinions and photos are 100% my own.