If you are looking for a way to have a simple party with your family and friends, perhaps a change from the classic holiday cookie exchange, here’s a fun idea: host a Chex Party Mix-Change!
Here’s how to do it 3 easy steps:
1. Pick your date and invite your guests. If you want to plan an activity, that’s fun too, such as watching holiday movies or board games. Invite your guests by word of mouth, email, or if you prefer, you can give invitations. Chex has printable PDF invitations, if you wish to use them.
2. Either make several varieties of Chex Mix yourself or ask each guest to bring a favorite Chex Mix. You can get downloadable Chex Mix recipe cards here.
3. Enjoy your Chex Party Mix-Change and send each guest home with an assortment of Chex Mix. You can find creative food packaging ideas, recipes, and party tips here.
I had a ball planning and hosting my Chex Party Mix-Change! I personally made two varieties: Chex Caramel-Chocolate Drizzzles and Chex PB and Chocolate Blast. Both are delicious, but I especially loves the Chex Caramel-Chocolate Drizzzles.
Making Chex Caramel-Chocolate Drizzzles is very easy — all you need is 3 cups of Corn Chex cereal and 3 cups of Rice Chex cereal. You also need 25 caramels, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, and a bit of butter and milk.
Melt the caramel in the microwave with the butter and milk and then mix it with the cereal. Then, you put it all back into the microwave and it helps to “bake” the caramel right into the cereal…so yummy.
The hot caramel cereal is spread onto a baking sheet covered with wax paper to allow it to cool. The chocolate chips are melted in the microwave and then drizzled on top of the cereal (I do need to work on my drizzling skills!).
And that’s it!
You can get the complete recipe here: Chex® Caramel Chocolate Drizzles
I packaged my Chex Mix into takeout containers.
The containers are cute, but I wanted to make them a bit more festive, so I added bows (that were already pre-tied) to the handles. The bows match the holiday decor in my home, so they looked really great sitting out on the table.
Now that you’ve seen what I did, are you ready for your chance to win your own Chex Prize Pack giveaway?
One winner will receive:
- 2 boxes of Chex cereal to create Chex Party Mix recipes
- 5 featured Chex Party Mix recipes
- 10 takeout containers so your guests can take their Chex Party Mix to-go
- $20 gift card to purchase recipe ingredients and decorating supplies
Required entry: Leave me a comment with what kind of Chex Mix is or would be your favorite. You can list one of the actual Chex Mix recipes, such as those on this page: www.ChexPartyMixChange.com or simply let me know what ingredient you would enjoy in Chex Mix.
You can have up to 3 extra entries into this giveaway if you do one or more of the items listed below. Each item you do counts as one entry. If you already do one of these things, it counts! Leave me a separate comment for each of the items you do below:
3. Add Home Cooking Memories to a circle on Google+ and come back to this post and leave a separate comment to say that you have done this.
- Giveaway ends Wednesday, December 21th at 11:59 pm PST
- Giveaway is open to US residents only
- Winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via the email you provide with your comment.
- Winner will have 72 hrs to claim their prize or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: The Chex Party Mix-Change product, information, and giveaway have been provided by Chex through MyBlogSpark. I received a Chex prize pack for hosting my own Chex Party Mix-Change.