Keep cool with this Minty Strawberry-Lime Icebox Pie that is easy to make and full of fresh & fruity flavors. It’s perfect for warmer weather!
It’s Happy #12Bloggers Day! Every month, myself and 11 other food bloggers share a recipe made with 12 ingredients or less that fits a certain theme. This month, our theme is Fresh & Fruity, so each of us is sharing a fruity recipe that you are going to love! To see all of the posts, check the end of this post to for all the links to their blogs and recipes.
My contribution to the #12Bloggers month of Fresh & Fruity recipes is an easy icebox pie recipe. You won’t have to bake this pie so it’s great for when the weather is warm and the flavors are to die for. As I’ve shared many times before, I’m crazy about mint! It goes along so well with strawberries and lime, so a Minty Strawberry-Lime Icebox Pie was a must try and I have to say that I love how it turned out
To make this pie, I highly recommend using a food processor. Not only does it make this recipe so easy, but it really helps to blend up all the flavors. If you don’t have a food processor, you could also use a blender.
After the strawberries, mint, and lime are smooth, you’ll blend in the ice cream. Give it a taste…it’s pretty amazing.
The mixture is poured into a pre-made graham cracker pie sheet and then you’ll freeze the pie until frozen. Easy, right? The hardest part is making room in your freezer for it, but hey, if I could do it with bags of frozen peas falling out, you can do it too.
Just before serving, remove pie from the freezer and allow to sit on kitchen counter for about 10 minutes to soften slightly. Decorate the top of the pie generously with whipped cream, chopped strawberries and additional mint. Then, cut into wedges and serve!
Here is the complete recipe for my Minty Strawberry-Lime Icebox Pie — if you aren’t ready for it yet, but want to save it, I recommend pinning this post on Pinterest.
Minty Strawberry-Lime Icebox Pie
- 8 ounces strawberries hulled
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups strawberry ice cream softened
- 1 inches pre-made graham cracker pie crust 9
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons powered sugar depends on your desired sweetness
- Optional garnishes: chopped strawberries mint sprigs
In a food processor, place strawberries, mint, lime juice, honey, and a pinch of salt. Process until smooth. Add ice cream to strawberry mixture and process until blended and smooth.
Pour mixture into pre-made graham cracker pie crust. Freeze until frozen (6 hours to overnight).
Just before serving, remove pie from freezer and allow to soften slightly for about 10 minutes. During this time, make your whipped cream by placing whipping cream in a cold bowl and beating with a hand mixer on high (or in a stand mixer), until peaks begin to form. Sprinkle in sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
Spread whipping cream on top of the frozen pie and garnish with chopped strawberries and mint leaves, if desired. Cut into wedges and serve.
Want more fresh and fruity treats? Visit my talented food blogger friends to see what they are sharing:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mini Jars from Mom Endeavors
- Mixed Berry Panna Cotta from BetsyLife
- Simple Strawberry Tart from The Rebel Chick
- Minty Strawberry-Lime Icebox Pie from Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Fresh Fruit Tartlets from A Little Claireification
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles from A Night Owl Blog
- Healthy Tropical Fruit Smoothie from Bless This Mess Please
- Easy Apple Tarts from Million Moments
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake from Eat Your Heart Out
- Lemon Sorbet from See Vanessa Craft
- Triple Berry Granitas from Around My Family Table
- Blueberry Slush from Plugged In Family