My second favorite flavor of ice cream is rocky road. I don’t like marshmallow creme in it though – it has to be real pieces of marshmallows.
I call this candy Rocky Road Cereal Treats because it has those same rocky road ice cream ingredients: chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts. It also includes cereal in it, which in my case, I used Cheerios®.
Did you know the packaging on club size boxes of Cheerios® has changed? They now contains two individual boxes, making them easier to store and easier to pour. They have also reduced the amount of air in each bag, so there is 10% more cereal than before AND they also use less packaging…better for the earth and for your wallet! You can find out more about the changes by visiting: http://bit.ly/CheeriosNew2Box.
Rocky Road Cereal Treats is very simple to make. Just melt the chocolate and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto a wax paper covered baking sheet and chill until the chocolate is set.
Place your tray in the refrigerator to chill. They are ready to enjoy once the chocolate is set.
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 2 cups cereal, such as Cheerios
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a large glass bowl, microwave chocolate on medium for 25 seconds. Stir and return to microwave for an additional 25 seconds and then remove and stir again. Continue the process until the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the cereal and peanuts, until well coated by chocolate. Fold in marshmallows, make sure they are also well coated.
- Spoon mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Place in refrigerator and allow to chill until chocolate is firm.
Does your family enjoy Cheerios or would you like to make my Rocky Road Cereal Treats?
Home Cooking Memories readers have the chance to win two 2-box club packs of Cheerios! Enter using the Rafflecoptor below!
Disclosure: Cheerios® cereal, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.