I created this Sweet Korean BBQ Pizza using Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauce as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #CampbellsSkilledSaucers
Pizza is a weekly meal in our house, and while I do order it from the local pizza place from time to time, I really prefer to make it homemade. When you make it yourself, you have the ultimate creative control over your pizza toppings and, let’s be honest, sometimes the pizza places just don’t have the toppings you are craving.
Now, I know that making homemade pizza can sound time consuming. Maybe even complicated. But really, there is a lot of shortcuts that can have you go from cooking to enjoying a slice in no time. For example, one thing I do is that I usually make the pizza dough in a food processor. Or, I buy premade pizza dough at the grocery store, like I did this week.
With some pre-made pizza dough, I made a completely new pizza that turned into a simply amazing weeknight dinner…and you won’t believe how easy it was. I got creative with a product you might not expect: Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces. For my pizza, I used their Sweet Korean BBQ variety, which has roasted ginger and sesame flavors.
To make your own Sweet Korean BBQ Pizza, you’ll need a beef roast that is about 2 1/2 lbs. Cut it into a few large pieces and place it in your slow cooker. Pour a pouch of Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauce over the top and that’s it. You can’t beat 5 minutes (or less) of prep time! Cook the roast according to the instructions on the back of the Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces package.
TIP: There are several other varieties of Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces, which can work for this same pizza idea. There is a Hawaiian Luau and Mexican Red Chile Taco varieties that I think would be perfect for making pizza with. They also offer a Tavern Style Pot Roast and Moroccan Spiced Stew.
At the end of the cooking, you’ll have tender beef that you will shred and mix up with the sauce. It made our house smell amazing, so I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as well.
Top your pizza dough with the shredded Sweet Korean BBQ meat. For us, each pizza used about 1 pound of pizza dough for a 12″ diameter pizza and the meat was plenty for 2 pizzas. We topped the meat with just a bit of shredded mozzarella and sliced red onion. It was bake in the oven until hot and the crust and cheese was lightly browned.
Easy, right? It’s a delicious, easy, slow cooker dinner with a twist! Our family loved it — especially my meat-loving husband. I loved how easy it was. Anytime I can use my slow cooker for dinner, I k now it will be easy and it’s the kind of dinner that has people thinking you spent hours on it.
Here’s the complete recipe for you to print out or save to your ZipList. If you aren’t ready for it yet, save it to Pinterest so you can find it easily at a later date.
- 2 1/2 lbs beef roast, cut into large chunks
- 1 pouch Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauces - Sweet Korean BBQ variety
- 2 lbs prepared pizza dough, divided
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (more if you like your pizzas with extra cheese)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves, optional
- Prepare roast according to instructions on the back of the Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauce.
- When beef is cooked and shredded, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Press out 1 lb of pizza dough onto a greased 12" diameter pizza pan.
- Top pizza dough with half of the shredded beef, leaving a small amount of dough all around the outside edges uncovered. If your beef is very saucy, make sure beef is fairly well drained before topping dough.
- Top beef with half of the shredded cheese and some sliced onion. If you are making 2 pizzas and have 2 pizza pans, repeat pizza assembling instructions for 2nd pizza. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until pizza dough and cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool slightly and top with cilantro leaves, if desired. If you are making 2 pizzas and have only 1 pizza pan, carefully slide pizza onto a cutting board and repeat pizza assembling steps for your 2nd pizza.
- Slice pizzas into wedges and serve.
For more information on Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces, be sure to LIKE them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CampbellSauces