We love chicken tenders in our house – how about you? We haven’t had them lately, so I got to thinking that it was time to plan them again. As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received a few different Kellogg’s All-Bran products to try out, so I thought that they would be perfect for them.
I’ve shared previously how I make Any Cereal Chicken Tenders, but this time, I wanted to do something a bit more special with them. This time, I added some freshly grated parmesan cheese and walnuts – oooh YUM! Everyone gobbled them up.
Here’s my recipe for Walnut Bran Crusted Chicken Tenders:
Walnut Bran Crusted Chicken Tenders
Created by Brandie @ www.homecookingmemories.com
3 pounds chicken breast tenders (or boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into smaller sizes)
1 1/2 cups Kellogg’s All-Bran Original cereal
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper
Milk (just a splash, maybe about 1/8 cup?)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, combine cereal, walnuts and cheese and process until fully combined and the cereal is ground into a breadcrumb consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Place into a shallow dish (I use a small baking dish).
3. In another shallow dish, combine the egg with a splash of milk.
4. Dip a piece of chicken into the egg mixture, allow excess to drip off, then coat in cereal mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of your chicken.
5. Lightly spray the top of the chicken with the cooking spray and bake in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes or until completely cooked through (exact time will depend on how thick your tenders are – if checking with meat thermometer they should be 165 degrees in the thickest part).