Can you imagine winning $1 million dollars for a recipe? As a home cook — that likes to think-outside-the-box with ingredients — I’ve often considered entering recipe contests. But…never have. One million dollars? You would think that would be the right motivation to give it a try!
Last week, the $1 million grand prize winner of the Pillsbury Bake-Off was announced. The winning recipe was a Pumpkin Ravioli with Salted Caramel and Whipped Cream. It sounds and looks delicious — I’ve already pinned it on Pinterest so I can remember to make it when Autumn rolls around later this year.
While I’m holding off on making those $1 million dollar ravioli’s, I was still in the mood for an easy dessert that I could make. I browsed around the other recipes from the finalists of the 2012 Bake-Off. I love the creativity these home cooks have with every day grocery items! After searching around a bit, I came across the Chocolate-Hazelnut-Coconut Bars by Teresa Berkey in Hanover, NH. The ingredients were everything my family enjoys (especially my husband), so I baked them up.
You can get the recipe for the Chocolate-Hazelnut-Coconut Bars here: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/chocolate-hazelnut-coconut-bars
The Chocolate-Hazelnut-Coconut Bars were a winner in our book — something I’ll definitely be baking again. It was really easy to make and all the layers made for a great dessert bar. I could see these being a perfect choice for taking to a potluck.
Would you like to make the Chocolate-Hazelnut-Coconut Bars or another 2012 Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe? If so, you’ll be happy to know that I’m giving away a $25 Walmart Gift Card so you can buy ingredients to make a Bake-Off recipe of your choice!
One Home Cooking Memories reader will receive a $25 Walmart Gift Card!
You can have up to 3 extra entries into this giveaway if you do one or more of the items listed below. Each item you do counts as one entry. If you already do one of these things, it counts! Leave me a separate comment for each of the items you do below:
1. Follow Home Cooking Memories on Facebook and come back to this post and leave a separate comment to say that you have done this. (counts at 1 entry)
2. Follow Home Cooking Memories on Twitter and come back to this post and leave a separate comment to say that you have done this. (counts at 1 entry)
- Giveaway ends Tuesday, April 17th at 11:59 pm PST
- Giveaway is open to US residents only
- Winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via the email you provide with your comment.
- Winner will have 72 hrs to claim their prize or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: The gift card, information, and giveaway have been provided by Walmart and General Mills, through MyBlogSpark.