4th of July Marshmallow Pinwheels are a sweet treat on a stick that kids will love! By combining two colors of JELL-O, plus plenty of mini marshmallows, you have a simple, yet festive, holiday treat that looks great on your table.
- 1 ounce package red gelatin (3, such as JELL-O Gelatin in Strawberry flavor)
- 1 ounce package blue gelatin (3, such as JELL-O Gelatin in Berry Blue flavor)
- 1 cup warm water (divided in two 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows (divided)
- 4 ” lollipop sticks
- Spray an 8.5 x 11″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the red gelatin and 1/2 cup of warm water. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes; remove from microwave and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups marshmallows into the red gelatin mixture until they are all coated. Microwave on high for 1 minute or just until marshmallows are partially melted. Remove from the microwave and stir marshmallows with a whisk until they are completely dissolved into the red gelatin mixture. Allow to cool until close to room temperature. Whisk together mixture again and then pour into the prepared baking dish. Place in refrigerator to set.
- While the red layer is setting in the refrigerator, begin preparing the blue mixture. Repeat the same steps for the blue gelatin. When the red layer is set, remove it from the refrigerator. Whisk the blue gelatin mixture one last time and then carefully pour the blue gelatin on top of the set red layer.
- Place the baking dish back into the refrigerator until the blue layer is complete set. Remove from fridge and run a sharp knife along the inside edge of the pan to loosen the gelatin from the edge. Turn the pan over onto a clean work surface to remove the gelatin from the pan.
- With a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the gelatin into strips that are approximately 3/4″ wide and 8.5″ long. Roll each strip up into a pinwheel.
- Near the end of the pinwheel strip, carefully insert a small 4″ lollipop stick into the middle of the edge of the pinwheel. Push the stick all the way through, just until you start to feel like it might push out the top (but be careful to not put it all the way through the top). Repeat with the rest of the gelatin. Lay pinwheels on a serving tray or plate and refrigerate immediately.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 4 ingredients, jello, summer recipe, mini marshmallows, holiday treat,