Pizza tends to get a bad rap as being unhealthy, but I’m going to show you that it doesn’t have to be. This pizza recipe is both delicious and heart healthy: Asian Chicken Pizza with Peanut Sauce. It features a whole wheat crust, a flavorful peanut sauce, Boar’s Head certified heart-healthy deli meats, vegetables and the perfect amount of mozzarella chees
- 14 ounces whole wheat pizza dough
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces Boar’s Head EverRoast® Oven Roasted Chicken Breast (diced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup shelled peanuts (roughly chopped)
- Optional: sliced green onions or cilantro
- Preheat to 450 degrees F. Spray a 12″ diameter pizza pan with cooking spray. Place dough on pizza pan and press and stretch dough so that it covers the entire bottom surface and reaches the sides. Bake in oven for 5-8 minutes.
- While crust is baking, mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, five spice powder, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat and mix together until combined. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, toss together cubed chicken, diced bell pepper, onion and 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce. Spread the remaining peanut sauce on top of the hot/warm pizza crust, while leaving about 1/2″ – 1″ of the edge all the way around without sauce. Top evenly with the chicken mixture and sprinkle with the cheese and then peanuts.
- Bake in the oven until the crust is browned and the cheese is hot and melted and starting to brown (approximately 10-12 minutes). Remove from oven and top with optional green onions or cilantro, if you wish. Slice into wedges and serve.
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6