6 large apples (we used a combination of Fuji, Granny Smith and Honeycrisp)
1/4 cup apple cider or juice
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
8-10 Atomic FireBall candies
1. Peel and core the apples. Cut each apple slice into fourths and place in your slow cooker.
2. Cut a lemon into 4 slices and set aside. Squeeze the discarded ends all over the apples and toss to prevent browning.
3. Pour the apple cider/juice on top of the apples. Add the brown sugar and fireball candies.
4. Lay the lemon slices on top and cook on High for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
5. Once cooled, remove the lemon slices. If you prefer your applesauce chunky, just give it a few stirs and you are good to go. If you prefer your applesauce smooth, use an immersion blender or food processor to purée.
6. Store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days or freeze for up to 3 months. This applesauce can be served warm or cold.