Deviled Eggs are a favorite in our house, even our son, who just turned 20, requested them as part of his birthday dinner. He’s also a fan of bacon and jalapenos, so I combined the flavors and created this Bacon-Jalapeno Deviled Eggs recipe.
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons strips cooked bacon (or 4 real bacon bits, crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced jalapeño (about 1/2 jalapeno, stem/seeds removed)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Hard-boil the eggs according to your favorite method, or follow these steps: place eggs in a pot and cover with 1-2 inches cold water. Place on stove and bring eggs to a boil. Boil for 1 minute and then immediately turn off heat. Cover and allow eggs to sit in the hot water for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, drain off hot water and place pot in your sink and allow cold water to run over the eggs until they are cooled.
- Peel eggs and cut each egg in half lengthwise. Carefully remove egg yolks from egg whites and place them into a small bowl.
- Mash egg yolks with a fork and then mix in remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Spoon mixture into a sandwich size zipper bag and squeeze out excess air. Snip off a tiny amount of one corner of the bottom of the bag which will allow you to squeeze the mixture out of the bag and into the egg whites. Can also be spooned into egg whites, if you prefer.
- Top with a small piece of bacon, if desired.
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 5 ingredients,