Skip the Chinese food take-out! You can make this delicious and easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe at home in about 30 minutes.
3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1 cup water, divided
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound round steak, sliced into strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups broccoli florets
1 yellow onion, halved and sliced
2 small carrots, julienned
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water, and garlic powder. Stir until smooth.
- Pour cornstarch mix over beef strips and toss, coating well.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Drizzle with oil. Add beef in small batches, cooking on each side for approximately 2-3 minutes or until it reaches desired doneness. Remove and keep beef warm.
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, remaining cornstarch, and ½ cup water in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Add broccoli, onion, and carrots to the skillet. Pour remaining water over vegetables and cover, cooking at medium heat and stirring occasionally until crisp-tender.
- Add beef back to skillet with vegetables. Pour soy sauce mixture over the meat and vegetables.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese American
Keywords: round steak, takeout, carrots, ginger, chinese takeout, quick,