Beef and Potato Tacos are a quick and easy family recipe, using Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Browns or Diced Hash Brown Potatoes.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 cup Ore-Ida Shredded Hashbrowns or Cubed Hashbrowns
- Taco Seasoning or 1 packet taco seasoning (recipe below)
- 8 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- Optional Toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese (shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa, chopped tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, etc.)
Taco Seasoning (omit if using a premade taco seasoning packet)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- If making taco seasoning, mix them together in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef with onion. As you are cooking the meat mixture, break up the meat with your spatula or spoon so the pieces are small. When the meat is fully cooked and onions are very tender, turn off heat and drain off any fat in the skillet. Return skillet with meat to heat (low). Stir in Ore-Ida Hashbrown potatoes. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and 2 tablespoons water (or so) and stir to incorporate everything into fully into the meat. Continue to heat and stir meat until no liquid remains in skillet and mixture is hot.
- Heat tortillas. Lay one tortilla on plate. Spoon 1/8 of the meat mixture in a line in the middle of your tortilla. Top with optional toppings, as desired, and enjoy!
–If using a taco seasoning packet, you can skip the homemade seasoning.
–Feel free to adjust homemade seasoning; use more or less of items depending on your tastes.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: 5 ingredients, ground beef, cinco de mayo, cheddar cheese, sour cream, jalapeno, corn tortilla,