Brown Rice with Edamame and Pineapple is an easy, vegetarian meal-in-a-mug that you can make in minutes.
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice
- 2/3 water
- 1/3 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup diced fresh or drained canned pineapple
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- Optional Hot pepper sauce (sliced green onions, chopped fresh mint, cilantro)
- In a 16 ounce mug, combine rice and water. Place edamame on top. Cover with a small plate or sauce. Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until almost all of the water has been absorbed. Remove from oven and let stand, covered, for 1 minute to absorb the remaining water.
- Stir in pineapple and teriyaki sauce. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until pineapple is heated through. Let stand for 30 seconds. Stir, then season to taste with hot pepper sauce. Sprinkle with cashews and any of the optional items.
Source: 250 Best Meals in a Mug by Camilla V. Saulsbury
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 5 ingredients, vegetarian, instant rice, canned pineapple, mug recipe, cashews, easy recipe,