Cardamom-Walnut Cookies are a simple cookie, full of the warm and aromatic spice of cardamom, along with lots of walnuts and plenty of powdered sugar.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks, softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts (finely chopped & toasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a bowl, combine butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons cardamom, vanilla extract, lemon peel and salt. Beat at medium-high speed with hand or stand mixer until well blended. Add flour and walnuts to butter mixture; beat on low until combined well and dough forms. Gather dough and shape into a ball and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While cookie dough chills, in a small bowl, combine ingredients for rolling cookies in. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Create small round balls of cookie dough, about 3/4 – 1″ in size. Line cookie balls on baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cookie is golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for approximately 5 minutes on baking sheet, Place powdered sugar for rolling in a shallow bowl or plate. Roll cookies completely in powdered sugar and place on a plate. Once all cookies have been rolled in sugar, sift or sprinkle remaining sugar on tops of the cookies.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 8 ingredients, cookie,