A deliciously cheesy broccoli casserole with cracker topping, plus a shopping comparison between store brand and name brand frozen broccoli florets.
- 28 ounces frozen broccoli florets (fully defrosted & drained)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 ounces Nabisco Chicken in a Biskit crackers (crushed)
- Preheat over 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place broccoli in the bottom of the dish.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk the flour and salt into the melted butter and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes.Gradually whisk in milk. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking often, making sure to whisk is frequently scraping the bottom of the pan. Cook until mixture has thickened and has just barely began to boil. Turn off heat and immediately begin whisking in the cheese. Whisk until cheese is completely melted.
- Pour cheese sauce evenly over the broccoli. Sprinkle with crushed crackers. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until browned.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 6 ingredients, casserole recipe,