Make easy heart pocket pies for Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, or any time you want to share some love with someone special. I share two methods: 1) using a Nordic Ware Heart Pocket Pie Press, and 2) using heart shaped cookie cutters.
- 1 oz package refrigerated pie crust dough OR 1 recipe of pastry dough for double crust pie (15)
- 1/2 ounce can cherry pie filling (20)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Granulated sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll half dough into 9-inch circle. Using back of Pie Press or using cookie cutters, cut out heart shapes out of pastry dough — 2 hearts for each pie.
Pie Press Method:
- Place a piece of dough on the crimped side of the Pie Press, pressing down slightly in center. Spoon 2 tablespoons of cherry pie filling in the middle of the pie crust. Brush edges with beaten egg. Top with another cut out pie dough heart. Close Pie Press and squeeze tightly to crimp and seal edges. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Place on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and serve.
Cookie Cutter Method:
- Spoon a small amount of cherry pie filling in the middle of one of the pie dough hearts. Brush edges with beaten egg. Top with the other pie dough heart. Using the tines of a fork, press down and seal all edges. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Place on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 4 ingredients, nordic ware, valentine's day recipe,