Here’s how to make my Cherry-Pineapple Dump Cake in a Jar recipe — a classic recipe with a fun twist of being made and served in small, individually-sized canning jars.
- 20 ounces can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 box white cake mix (16.25 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 6 half-pint wide-mouth canning jars
- Optional: Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the crushed pineapple and the cherry pie filling.
- Place the canning jars on a large baking sheet. Fill each jar with 1/2 of the fruit mixture. Divide any remaining mixture among all the jars (maybe be another 1/8 cup being added to each one). Give jars a gentle tap and shake to help settle and level the fruit mixture.
- Top the fruit in each jar with 1/4 cup of the dry cake mix. Give jars a gentle tap and shake to help settle and level the dry cake mix.
- Top the dry cake mix in each jar with 1 tablespoon butter that has been cut into 6 small pieces.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is a golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve slightly warm, if desired. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if you wish. Canning jar bands and lids can be placed on cooled dump cakes to save them in a refrigerator.
–One box of cake mix is enough to do 2 batches of Cherry-Pineapple Dump Cakes in a Jar (a total of 12 jars). However, another can of crushed pineapple and cherry pie filling will be needed.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: canned pineapple, 5 ingredients, canned cherries, dry cake mix,