- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 boneless & skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds, cut into bite-sized)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup, shaved)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan, swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper, rice, water, pepper and salt. Stir together.
- Add broccoli to top of chicken and rice without stirring; cover and allow to sit for about 2 minutes. Stir broccoli into chicken/rice mixture. Continue to cook until rice is fully cooked and broccoli is tender-crisp. Remove from heat, Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
–Source: Cooking Light Magazines, April 2014 issue (reprinted with permission)