Crunchy, sweet, and spicy — Chipotle Roasted Chickpeas are all that, plus more. We’ll be snacking on these for Cinco de Mayo and with this recipe, it can be part of your festivities too.
- 2 ounce cans chickpeas or garbanzo beans (15.5 each)
- Cooking Spray
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from can of chipotle peppers)
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and lay out on a kitchen towel or paper towel to dry. If chickpeas have any skins are loose, discard them.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Place chickpeas on baking sheet in a single layer. Spray tops of chickpeas with cooking spray. Roast chickpeas for 15 minutes. Stir & move them around on the sheet and return to oven for another 15 minutes of baking, or until beginning to brown and crunchy. Remove from oven. Place in a bowl.
- In a blender, combine chipotle, adobo, lime juice, brown sugar, and salt. Blend until smooth. Pour over roasted chickpeas and gently combine chickpeas with the mixture so that they are evenly coated.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread coated chickpeas onto baking sheet in a single layer. Return chickpeas to oven and bake for another 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Break up any chickpea clusters Store in airtight container.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 6 ingredients,