These quick and easy Coconut Chicken Tenders are healthy and delicious! Featuring 100% whole wheat breadcrumbs and coconut flakes, these oven-baked dippers are a favorite of all ages.
- 2 pounds boneless (skinless chicken breast)
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup 100% whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Coconut spray or another non-stick cooking spray
- Spray a large baking sheet with coconut spray and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips of chicken, weighing about 1 1/2 – 2 ounces each. The amount of tenders/strips you will get out of each half breast depending on its size (a 4 oz chicken breast will give you two 2-ounce chicken tenders)
- In a shallow bowl or baking dish, combine bread crumbs and coconut. Place pastry flour in another bowl or baking dish and mix in salt and pepper. Place coconut milk in another shallow bowl or dish.
- Dredge a chicken tender/strip in the flour first, shaking off excess and then dip in coconut milk. Allow excess coconut milk to drip off. Immediately place tender/strip into bread crumb/coconut mixture and coast, pressing mixture onto chicken, as necessary. Place tender/strip on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Spray tops of chicken with coconut spray. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and coating is browned.
–If you can’t find whole wheat bread crumbs, make your own with 100% whole wheat bread. Toast a few slices, tear into pieces and place in food processor. Pulse until you have fine crumbs. If needed, you can toast crumbs further by laying them in a layer on a baking sheet and baking at 350 degrees F just until dry and toasted (keep a close watch, they with brown quickly).
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 6 ingredients, chicken breast, coconut milk, easy dinner, easy recipe,