This Petite Coconut Popovers recipe is wonderful for breakfast or brunch. We love them served hot out of the oven with butter or orange marmalade.
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (I used Silk CoconutMilk, room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Cooking spray or softened butter (for greasing pan)
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and coconut milk with a wire whisk, just until fully combined. Blend in the melted butter, sugar, flour, and salt with a wire whisk until smooth. You want to make sure you have no large lumps, but very small ones are ok. Set batter aside to rest, about 30 minutes.
- Near the end of the batter resting time, preheat your oven to 450 degrees F, making sure there is ample room above the bottom or middle rack for when the popovers expand.
- Place your empty (non-greased) petite popover pan in the preheated oven for about 2 minutes. Working quickly,remove the pan from the oven and spray the cups with cooking spray or brush with butter. Fill each cup about 3/4 of the way full with the batter. Top the batter in each cup with about 1 teaspoon of shredded coconut.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Do not open the oven door during this time. After 10 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Remove popovers immediately from the pan and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Serve immediately with butter (flavored or regular) or jellies and jams.
A muffin pan can be used in place of the mini popover pan
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 6 ingredients, nordic ware, coconut oil, brunch recipe, lunch recipe,