This Coconut-Pumpkin Biscotti recipe is perfect for anyone who loves celebrating fall with pumpkin treats! Get cozy with this delicious, twice-baked cookie with a cup of your favorite coffee or tea.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted, but not hot)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (can substitute vanilla extract)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- cloves Pinch of ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes (divided, toasted)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, sugar, and eggs with a mixer for about 1 minute or until very well blended. Mix in pumpkin puree and extract, just until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Working in small batches, mix the flour mixture into coconut oil/sugar mixture until all of the flour mixture has been added to the mixture and is well blended. Fold 1/2 cup of toasted coconut into the dough.
- On a floured cutting board, divide dough in half. Shape each dough half into a long roll, approximately 14″ long. Carefully place rolls on a prepared baking sheet, about 3″ apart from each other. With your hand, press down each roll so that they are approximately 1/2″ high.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Carefully remove from pans and place on cooling racks. Set aside baking sheet, as it will be reused. When biscotti had cooled enough to handle, but is still warm, carefully move them to a cutting board and cut crosswise slices (approximately 1/2″ in size).
- Place slices, cut side down, back on original baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn slices over and return to oven to bake for another 10 minutes or until slightly firm (they will continue to firm as they cool) and lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to completely cool, with tops upwards.
- In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar and coconut milk. If needed, add more coconut milk to achieve desired consistency.
- To drizzle with glaze: with biscotti pieces no more than 1″ apart from each other on either the wire rack or your baking sheet, tip tines of a fork into the glaze, allowing some of the excess to drip off. In a back and forth sweeping motion, about 6″ above biscotti, allow the glaze to fall in lines on top of the biscotti. Continue until glazed as desired or until all glaze has been used. Immediately top with remaining toasted coconut, pressing just slightly to help it adhere.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: fall recipe, coconut milk, cookie, canned pumpkin, cinnamon, ground ginger,