This Coconut-Rum Grilled Shrimp recipe is an easy dinner idea for summer grilling and you’ll only needs 5 ingredients!
- 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup spiced rum (can use non-spiced rum, if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 pounds large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut milk, brown sugar, rum, and lime juice. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Set aside half of mixture for the glaze. Add shrimp to remaining mixture still in the bowl. Gently coat all shrimp with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While shrimp is marinating, make your glaze by placing reserved mixture in a small saucepan over low-medium heat. Bring to a simmer and while stirring constantly, allow mixture to thicken slightly, reduced to about 1/2 – 1/3 cup. Remove immediately from heat.
- Remove shrimp from refrigerator and thread onto metal skewers or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water. Discard any remaining marinade. Grill shrimp over medium heat, about 2 minutes per side or until shrimp have turned pink. Remove from grill and brush shrimp with glaze. Turn skewers over and brush the other side with glaze. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 5 ingredients, malibu rum, skewers, seafood, booze, rum, coconut milk, lime juice, grilling recipe, easy recipe,