- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, coconut oil, and 1 1/2 cups of sugar on medium until fluffy (about 3 minutes). Beat in eggs until combine with sugar/butter mixture. Beat in flour mixture. When flour is fully combined, mix in coconut flakes by hand.
- In a small bowl, combine the rolling ingredients (1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon). Use a small cookie scoop, form balls of the dough, rolling in your hand to get them into a nice smooth round ball. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar mixture one at a time and then place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes. The cookies should have puffed up and show cracks, edges will be just slightly crisp and they will be lightly browned. Remove baking sheet from oven and carefully transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. Once fully cooled, store in an airtight container.
–I toast sweetened coconut flakes in a non-stick pan over medium heat. I keep the flakes constantly moving so they don’t burn but get evenly browned.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 8 ingredients,