This Cornbread Sausage Stuffing recipe with Apples & Cranberries is a delicious side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Sunday dinner. Made with all the best stuff: cornbread dressing, sausage, celery, leeks, Granny Smith apples, and dried cranberries.
- 1 oz box Mrs. Cubbison’s Corn Bread Dressing (12)
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 2–3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups celery (diced)
- 2 in leeks (white & pale green end only, cut half lengthwise and sliced thinly crosswise)
- 2 Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored and diced)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2–3 cups apple juice or chicken stock
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place corn bread dressing into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook the sausage into crumbles until cooked thoroughly. With a spoon, remove sausage from pan to a bowl and discard any excess grease.
- Heat butter in pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and celery to the skillet and cook until vegetables are beginning to soften. Add apples and thyme to pan and cook until apples are beginning to soften. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper each.
- Add sausage back into the pan with the vegetables and apples; stir to combine. Add sausage/vegetable mixture to the corn bread dressing bowl. Mix to combine. Gradually add apple juice or chicken stock, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Continue adding juice or stock until mixture is moistened, but not mushy — 2 cups should be enough, but feel free to add more if you wish. Mix in cranberries.
- Place in a 9×13″ baking dish. Bake until hot and top is browned (about 20 minutes).
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 9 ingredients, thanksgivig, christmas, cornbread, leeks, celery, granny smith apples, easy side dish recipe,