If you are looking for an Easter holiday appetizer, look no further. This Herbed Cheese Asparagus Crostini recipe is simple and sure to be your new Easter dinner favorite.
- 1 oz package Ecce Panis French Demi Baguettes (12)
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 1 oz package herb cheese spread (6.5)
- 1 lemon
- 2 –3 tablespoons olive oil (plus additional for brushing on bread)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice the Ecce Panis Baguettes into 1/2 – 3/4″ thick slices. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and brush tops with olive oil. Flip slices over and brush the other side with olive oil. Place in oven until bottom of slices are beginning to brown, about 5-8 minutes. Flipped over slices to toast the other side (another 5 minutes or so). When nicely golden brown, remove from the oven.
- Cut asparagus 1 1/2 – 2? pieces, discarding thick ends. Zest the lemon and cut the lemon in half, discarding seeds from each half.
- Heat about 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in large frying pan. Add asparagus pieces and cook, moving somewhat frequently, until crisp-tender and beginning to brown. At the end of the cooking, turn off the heat, squeeze both halves of lemon over the asparagus and toss together.Sprinkle asparagus with lemon zest; toss together.
- Top toasted slices with a generous spread of the herb cheese spread and then several pieces of asparagus. Serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 5 ingredients, easter recipe,