This 3-Ingredient Pesto Spaghetti Squash recipe is an easy dinner idea that needs only 3 ingredients: spaghetti squash, your favorite pesto sauce, and shredded parmesan cheese.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Pesto Sauce (pre-made jar at your grocery store or homemade)
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Optional: Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with olive oil or cooking spray.
- With a sharp knife, carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. With a spoon, gently remove seeds and discard. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes or until a fork can pierce the shell easily.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. With a fork, loosen and separate spaghetti squash strands from shell. Reserve shells.
- Place strands in a bowl. Mix strands with pesto sauce. Start with 1/4 cup and adjust the amount of sauce you use based on your own preference (amount will vary based on the size of your squash and how many strands you get from it).
- Spoon mixture back into the empty shell. If you have enough strands, you may be able to separate the mixture into each of the two shells, but you may also be able to spoon the entire mixture into just one of the shell halves.
- Return to oven and bake for 7-9 minutes to heat. Remove from oven.
- sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve directly from shell.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pesto, spaghetti squash, winter squash, parmesan cheese, easy,