Easy Breakfast Fajita Pitas are an on-the-go breakfast idea that combines scrambled eggs with tex-mex flair! Add your favorite toppings to make it your own.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 medium onion (sliced)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2–3 pocket pita breads (5-6″ diameter, halved)
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, etc, queso fresco, cotija, feta, etc, crumbled cheeses , sour cream, salsa, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, etc.)
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. When oil and pan are hot, add peppers and onions and cook them until they are tender-crisp. Turn off heat and remove veggies from the pan to a bowl or plate so that the pan can be used to cook the eggs.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Beat in chili powder and garlic powder. Melt butter in the nonstick frying pan over medium heat. When butter is melted and pan is hot, pour in egg mixture. As eggs start to cook, push, pull, and fold eggs with a spatula frequently until all egg is cooked and no liquid remains (but don’t overcook ). Turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add the cooked peppers and onions to the eggs, gently folding them together.
- Fill each pocket pita bread with desired amount of egg/veggie mixture. Top with optional toppings and enjoy!
–The actual number of pitas you will get will vary on how large your eggs and bell peppers are. It also varies on how full you fill the pitas. We were able to get 5-6 pockets full, but it’s possible you could end up with as few as 4.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: 10 ingredients, on the go breakfast, bell peppers, chili powder, scrambled eggs, pita bread,