This Easy Broccoli Lemon Pasta Salad Recipe is a delicious, mayo-free salad to serve with your favorite meats at your next picnic or barbecue.
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (bite sized (fresh or frozen – see notes below))
- 1 lemon (sliced (optional))
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3–4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and immediately run under cold water until pasta is cooled. Drain completely.
- In a large bowl, place pasta, broccoli, and lemon slices (if using) in bowl.
- Drizzle pasta and broccoli with the lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, parmesan cheese, sea salt, and pepper. Toss well until pasta is coated and ingredients are combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Note: Sliced lemons are optional. They may also be omitted within the salad but used as a garnish before serving.
Broccoli Notes: You can use fresh or frozen broccoli for this recipe. If using fresh broccoli, we recommend steaming or blanching until tender-crisp. If you prefer, you could also use raw, uncooked broccoli.
If using frozen broccoli, you will want it completely thawed and drained.
In all cases, be sure your broccoli is cool before tossing in the salad.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon, broccoli, rotini pasta, parmesan cheese, easy, pasta,