Want a comforting and homemade soup, but done fast? This Easy Chicken Rice Soup recipe will be warming you up in no time!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into coins
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup wild rice blend
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a dutch oven or a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the olive oil, onion, and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in celery, carrots, and flour. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth, cooked chicken breast, and salt and pepper. Increase the heat to medium-high and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the wild rice and cook for as long as directed on package, or until the rice is tender but still holds its shape. Add more salt and pepper as needed and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: wild rice blend, carrots, comfort food, celery, canned chicken, winter, easy soup recipe