This Pistachio and Raspberry Gratins dessert recipe is simple, but bursting with amazing flavors, these are sure to create a memorable dessert for your family.
- 2/12 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 recipe Pistachio Cream (see below)
- Pistachios (optional, shelled and coarsely chopped for topping)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup ground pistachios
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extra
- Prepare Pistachio Cream: In a food processor bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment or a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat butter until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes more. Add the ground pistachios, flour, and cornstarch and beat until the mixture is smooth once again. Drop in the egg and beat for a minute or so, until it is thoroughly incorporated. Beat in the vanilla. Press a piece of plastic wrap against the surface and refrigerate for an hour.
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly butter six custard cups or other dishes that can hold 6-8 ounces and place them on the baking sheet.
- Place the berries in a medium bowl and finely grate the zest of the lemon over them. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mix everything together and let sit, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes, until a little syrup has developed. Stir and taste the berries. If you want them sweeter, add more sugar.
- Divide the fruit evenly among the cups. Spoon an equal amount of pistachio cream over each portion of fruit and use the back of a spoon to smooth it as evenly as you can over the berries. Scatter over the chopped pistachios, if you are using them.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the gratins are golden and the fruit is bubbling. The pistachio cream may have sunk into the fruit and it might have run over the rims of the cup, but that’s fine. Transfer the gratins, still on the baking sheet, to a cooling rack and let cool until they are warm and reach room temperature before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fruit, nuts, fresh fruit, easy recipe, ground pistachios, vanilla extra, lemon,