My Pumpkin-Apple Chimichanga recipe is an easy fall dessert that leaves you plenty of time to enjoy your family and Autumn festivities.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 ounces can pumpkin puree (15)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ounces can apple pie filling (21)
- 20 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- Oil for frying
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In shallow bowl, combine cinnamon-sugar coating ingredients. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves with a hand mixer until well blended and smooth. With a spoon, fold apple pie filling into the pumpkin mixture until combined.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for a few seconds, if necessary, to make them more pliable. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, place about 1/4 cup of the mixture in a line (from left to right) in the center of the tortilla. Fold left and right sides of the tortilla over the middle. Fold the bottom of the tortilla (side closest to you) over the mixture, keeping the side tucked in. Roll tortilla up to create a fully enclosed burrito shape. Set burrito aside and repeat with remaining tortillas. If necessary, you can secure tortilla with toothpicks.
- In a skillet, heat about 1/2″ – 1″ of oil over medium heat until it’s about 350 degrees F. Depending on the size of your skillet, fry 2-4 chimichangas at a time until nicely browned and crispy (about 2 minutes each side). When done frying, remove chimichangas and place them on a paper towel-lined plate for about 30-60 seconds to allow excess oil to drain off. To coat, roll in cinnamon-sugar coating. Place on another plate until ready to serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: 8 ingredients, canned pumpkin, fall recipe, cream cheese, cinnamon, autumn, flour tortillas, canned apples,