Make this Easy Green Beans with Mushrooms Recipe in about 15 minutes for a quick side dish with only 3 ingredients: fresh green beans, mushrooms, and butter.
- water for pot
- 16 ounces fresh green beans (ends trimmed)
- 2–3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Fill a large pot with water (enough that it will cover your green beans). Bring the water to a boil. Add the greens beans to the water. Cook, uncovered until bright green and crisp-tender (about 3-4 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water until cooled. Drain off any excess water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add mushrooms and cook uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans to the mushrooms and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until green beans reach desired tenderness (they should still have a nice crunch). Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and serve.
Adding 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic or cooked bacon bits near the end of the cooking is also delicious.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy recipe, 3 ingredients, saute, stove top, fresh green beans, keto, low carb,