This delicious Pear and Prosciutto Salad recipe pairs together sweet pears with salty prosciutto to create a salad you’ll want to make all fall and winter long.
- 1 pear ( rinsed, cut into 6–8 slices, stem and seeds removed)
- 3–6 slices prosciutto di Parma (sliced in half lengthwise)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter (unsalted)
- 1 ½ cups spring mix salad
- red onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ½ –1 clementine (peeled and separated)
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese or blue cheese (crumbled)
- Wrap a whole or half slice of prosciutto tightly around each slice of pear.
- Add brown sugar to a small bowl. Dip all sides of prosciutto wrapped pear slices into brown sugar bowl, generously coat each pear slice with brown sugar. Shake off excess.
- In a grill pan, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Once butter has melted, add in pear slices. Grill pear slices for 3-5 minutes per side, or until prosciutto becomes slightly crispy. Lower heat if necessary to keep from burning. Remove pear slices from the grill, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large plate, add in spring mix, top with red onions, raisins, clementine slices, pear slices, and feta cheese. Serve.
- Serve with any dressing of your choice. We prefer a simple balsamic vinaigrette or a Honey-Dijon Dressing.
Note: if you prefer, you don’t have to cook the prosciutto wrapped pears. Prosciutto di Parma is a cured meat and doesn’t have to be cooked before eating.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pear, prosciutto, feta cheese, raisin, autumn, fall salad,