Citrus Rice is a bright and happy side dish. Bright because of the citrus, but why happy? It’s happy for me because it’s one of those easy side dishes that is crazy simple.
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Minute® Brown Rice (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup green onions (sliced)
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a glass bowl, combine chicken broth, orange juice and soy sauce. Stir in Minute Rice; cover.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff the rice with a fork; gently mix/toss in the onions and almonds. Serve.
–If taking to potluck or family get-together, I recommend cooking rice at home and bring sliced green onions and sliced almonds separately. Gently mix together at event.
–Would be delicious as a main dish too, just toss with some shredded chicken.
–Chopped mandarin oranges would also make a nice addition with the almonds and green onions.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 6 ingredients,