This Orzo with Black Olives and Asparagus recipe is an easy side dish with just 5 simple ingredients and only a few steps. It’s a perfect companion to your favorite spring meals.
- 1 pound orzo
- 1 large lemon
- 12 asparagus spears (adjust according to preference, see note at end of recipe, ends trimmed)
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can Lindsay Naturals Black Ripe Olives (6 ounces, drained)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook orzo according to package directions, Drain.
- Zest the lemon and cut lemon in half. Cut asparagus spears into thirds.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook, stirring frequently, until tender-crisp and just barely beginning to brown. Turn off heat. Add the orzo to the skillet and gently toss until the orzo is combine with the asparagus and the orzo is coated with the olive oil. Add the olives and combine with orzo and the asparagus. Add the lemon zest and squeeze both halves of the lemon over the orzo mixture. Gently mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Feel free to adjust the amount of asparagus. I usually use about 12 spears regardless if they are thin or thick, but you can adjust it to your personal preference.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegetables, lemons, easy recipe, 5 ingredients, pasta,