- 16 ounces edamame, shelled
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, tightly packed
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Place edamame in a saucepan and cover with water that is season with salt. Heat over medium heat and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat, but do not drain.
- With a slotted spoon, remove edamame from saucepan and place in food processor; keep water reserved. Add cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of reserved cooking water to edamame and process until edamame is minced and blended with the other ingredients. If necessary, stop processing and scrape down sides. Add crushed red pepper flakes, pepper, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Season with salt as desired.
- Note: If you like things spicier, you can add more crushed red pepper.