This Egg and Avocado Breakfast Crostini recipe is my happy morning secret. Well, that and a cup of coffee or two.
- I baguette loaf
- Olive Oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk or water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice baguette into approximately 14-16 slices. Lay slices on baking sheet and brush tops with olive oil. Bake for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned and toasted.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk (or water, if using that instead), until blended. Heat a small skillet over low-medium heat and melt butter, allowing it to coat bottom of pan. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As eggs start to cook, push, pull, and fold eggs with a spatula frequently until all egg is cooked and no liquid remains. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- In another small bowl, mash together avocado, lemon juice, and salt.
- Divide avocado among bread slices and spread on each slice so most of the top of the bread surface is covered. Divide scrambled eggs among bread slices. Top with chopped tomatoes and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Keywords: 9 ingredients, shredded parmesan cheese, baguette loaf, tomatoes, lemon juice,