Sometimes, an ordinary birthday cake won’t do. Here’s how to make a layered Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons butter (3 oz, softened)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (plus 2 egg yolks)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium until combined. With mixer on low, mix in vanilla, eggs, and yolks. With mixer is on low, mix in half of the flour, then half of the cream, then the remaining flour, and finally, the remaining cream. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Chill in refrigerator for approximately 60 minutes.
- Line an 8″ cake pan with Martha Wrap (foil+parchment paper in one) with parchment side upwards or Reynolds Wrap non-stick foil. Place 1 level cup of chocolate chip batter into the Martha Wrap lined cake pan. Using fingers, press dough to the edges, making sure to keep dough in an even layer. Place the cookie dough filled cake pan in refrigerator to chill for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove cookie dough filled cake pan from refrigerator. Lift the cookie-filled wrap from cake pan and set on baking sheet. Without disturbing the cookie dough, carefully flattened the Martha Wrap or foil edges. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool (about 10 minutes). Carefully remove giant cookie from Martha Wrap or foil and place on a cooking rack to cool completely. Repeat these steps with remaining cookie dough.
- While giant cookies are cooling completely, make cream cheese frosting in a large bowl by beating cream cheese and powdered sugar with a mixer on medium, until pale and fluffy. Beat in vanilla until well blended with cream cheese.
- Spread cream cheese frosting generously on the top of each giant cookie. Stack cookies evenly with frosting side upwards. Refrigerate until frosting is set, but remove from refrigerator approximately 30 minutes before serving so it will be room temperature. Cut into slices to serve.
(please see the blog post for additional Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie tips)
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 12
Keywords: layered chocolate chip cookie cake, giant cookie cake recipe, giant cookie, giant birthday cookie recipe,