Adapted from a recipe by Michael Chiarello
- 1 ripe avocado (pitted and peeled)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup water (may use less or more)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place avocado, basil, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice in food processor with metal blade. Process until very smooth, scraping down sides, if necessary.
- Turn on processor and slowly add olive oil. While motor is still running, gradually add water by 1/4 cups to thin dressing and make it more pourable (you may not need to use all of the water, or you might have to use more). Season with salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 7 ingredients,