- 1/2 vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile powder
- Cracked black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- 3 bell peppers (seeded and sliced into strips)
- 2 large onions (peeled and slided)
- Small flour tortillas (often labeled fajita or soft taco size)
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese (sour cream, salsa, guacamole, sliced avocado, tomatoes)
- Combine first 8 ingredients, in a large bowl.
- Add chicken to marinade, making sure all chicken breast are coated. Cover and refrigerate for approximately 6 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Lift each chicken breast out of marinade and place on grill (discard marinade, do not reuse). Cook chicken until it’s cooked through and has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove from heat. When ready to serve, slice chicken into thin pieces.
- On a flat grill topper or vegetable basket, cook bell peppers and onions until softened and starting to brown. Remove from heat.
- To make a fajita, lay a small flour tortilla on a plate. Lay several slices of chicken breast and vegetables in a line across middle. Top with optional toppings, if desired.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Mexican