This Hawaiian Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe combines a family favorite pizza into a delicious and fun sandwich!
- 8 slices bread (preferably 1/2 – 3/4″ thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 4 slices pineapple (patted dry and preferably thin sliced)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced)
- Pizza Sauce (optional for dipping)
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. With ingredients prepped and close by, heat skillet over medium heat.
- When skillet it heated, place the buttered side of one slice of bread down in the pan. Working quickly, place a layer of cheese, then ham, pineapple and another layer of cheese (using 1/4 of these ingredients). Place a 2nd slice of buttered bread on top, with the butter facing upwards. Cook for a few minutes (3 minutes or so), until the bread is toasted. Carefully flip it over the sandwich so the remaining buttered side is now on the pan. Continue cooking for another few minutes until that side is also toasted and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut sandwich in half and serve immediately with a small sauce cup of warmed pizza sauce.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: 5 ingredients,