trips to the swimming pool or any other outing. Make a batch or two of these up and they will keep your fuel up for all of your summer fun!
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts (peanuts, almonds, etc)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extra
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cup Optional: 1 chopped dried fruit (such as raisins, cranberries, cherries, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8×12″ baking dish with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper.
- On a large baking sheet, mix together oats, nuts, and coconut. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally throughout baking. Remove from oven and place in large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat together the butter, honey, peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla over medium heat. Cook and stir for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and pour mixture over oats. Stir to combine thoroughly with the oats. Mix in optional dried fruits, if using.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. With wet fingers, gently press down the mixture into the pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. When completely cool, cut into squares or rectangles.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 7 ingredients,