- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds carrots (about 1″ lengths, cut into pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add the carrots and cook, tossing and stirring frequently until beginning to brown.
- Add chicken broth, honey, and vinegar to carrots. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook until tender-crisp (about 10 minutes or so). Uncover, and cook over medium-high until carrots are very tender (but not falling apart) and liquid has thickened (about 10 minutes) and is syrupy. There should be very little liquid at this point.
- Turn off heat and add butter. Stir until butter is fully melted and distributed among the carrots. Season with salt and pepper as desired.