This Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate recipe takes your usual hot chocolate and turns it into a cocktail to enjoy during your holiday celebrations.
- 1/3 cup Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice Liqueur
- 4 cups whole milk (divided)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Optional toppings: whipped cream (marshmallows, shaved chocolate, pumpkin pie spice)
- Measure 1/3 cup of Kahlúa and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup of milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk in remaining milk until fully combined. Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and very hot, but not boiling.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Continue to whisk and heat mixture. Turn off and move from heat just before mixture begins to boil (do not let it boil). Immediately whisk in Kahlúa. Pour into glasses and top with optional toppings, if desired. Serve.
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 6 ingredients, Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice Liqueur, hot drinks, booze, canned pumpkin puree, cocktail, holiday recipe,