This Key Lime Pies in a Jar recipe makes easy and delicious individually sized desserts in small 4 ounce mason jars that are great for parties or as a memorable dessert for your family. You’re going to love these!
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 egg yolks
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter with a fork. Divide mixture among eight 4 oz canning jars (about 2 tablespoons per jar). Press crumbs down into the bottom of the jar.
- In medium bowl, combine egg yolks, milk, and juice. Beat on low, just until smooth. Spoon and divide mixture evenly into canning jars on top of the graham cracker crust (each jar will get a bit less than 1/4 cup).
- Place jars on a baking sheet, about 2″ apart from each other. Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30-40 minutes on counter top. Cover jars (with canning lids, foil, plastic wrap, etc) and place in refrigerator to chill.
- When fully chilled and ready to serve, top with whipped cream and garnish with key lime zest and/or wedge (if desired).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: 6 ingredients, mason jar dessert, desserts in a jar, mini pies,