Want King Cake, but don’t want the whole cake? This insanely easy King Cake Recipe for One is the perfect portion and it will have you celebrating Mardi Gras in no time!
INGREDIENTS FOR KING CAKE
1/2 cup flour
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
INGREDIENTS FOR ICING
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk (or more, if needed)
Colored sugar crystals – purple, green, and yellow (or gold, if available)
1. Spray a large mug or ramekin with a non-stick coating spray. Add the flour, sugar and baking powder and stir well. Mix in the milk, oil and almond extract. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top and mix it into the batter with a fork.
2. Microwave the mug cake for 60 seconds or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Depending on the wattage of your microwave you may have to microwave it up to 75 seconds. Remove from microwave and allow it to cool for a few minutes while you prepare the icing.
3. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk to a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined. If the icing is too thick to your liking, add another tablespoon of milk. If it is too thin, add 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
4. Drizzle the icing on top of your king cake. Before the icing hardens, sprinkle the purple, green and yellow sugared crystals on top of the icing.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American Southern
Keywords: mardi gras, carnival, new orleans, mug cake, one serving, microwave cake, cinnamon, spinkles, easy, quick, icing,