This Mini Heart-Shaped Valentine’s Day Monkey Bread Recipe is a special treat for breakfast or dessert on Valentine’s Day, for anniversaries, or anytime you want to say “I Love You”.
- 10 ounces refrigerated biscuits (12 tube – I used Pillsbury Grands Jr.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon milk
- Pink food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 4″ diameter heart-shaped springform pans with cooking spray.
- In a zipper-style bag, combine cinnamon and granulated sugar. Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces. Place 6 biscuit pieces into cinnamon-sugar mixture bag, close, and shake to coat pieces. Add an additional 6 pieces of biscuit (no need to remove other pieces), close, and shake to coat. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar together over medium heat, stirring frequently. Heat until sugar is dissolved and remove from heat.
- Place 12 biscuit pieces into each heart-shaped pan. Press down gently to make sure they are covering the entire bottom of the pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons or so of butter/brown sugar mixture evenly over biscuits in the heart-shaped pan. Repeat with remaining pans.
- Place heart pans on a baking sheet (baking sheet should be used because some of the butter/brown sugar mixture my release from the bottom of pans). Bake for 12-15 or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Turn pans over onto a plate to allow them to be removed from the pan. If any dough ball falls off from heart shape, press them back onto heart – as they cool completely, the balls will keep their shape.
- Optional glaze: in a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar and milk. Add pink food color to achieve the desired color. If you wish, drizzle some of the glaze on a clean plate, add sprinkles to glaze, and top glaze with one of the monkey bread hearts.
–This recipe is made in 4″ diameter Wilton Springform Heart Pans. If you don’t have these you can substitute other pans, although the number of biscuits needed in each one, and the amount of butter/sugar mixture needed, may vary.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 5 ingredients, cinnamon, refrigerated biscuits, valentine's day recipe, easy dessert recipe,